The Kenya Mission in New Delhi Mission facilitates processing of passports. The waiting period is 3 months.
The Kenya Government has implementing a new e-Passport issuing system for issuance of new generation passports in line with the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) standards.The passport printing will be centrally done in Nairobi. Passport applicants are required to submit online applications online on the e-Citizen platform ( https://www.ecitizen.go.ke/) and present themselves to the High Commission for processing.
Please note that the old generation valid passports will no longer be valid after 31st August 2019.
How to Apply
- Register on www.ecitizen.go.ke
- Login in and navigate to Department of Immigration Services.
- Click on Make application and select Passport Application (Adult or Child)
- Read the instructions carefully then fill the application form.
- Select the mode of payment and pay for the passport fees.
- Download and print the application form and three application receipts.
- Submit the application form in person to the the Mission.
- Two printouts of online completed form 19 and corresponding receipts
- Original and two copies(Bio Data Page) of passport
- Three copies of your Kenyan ID (Adults)
- Two copies of Kenyan Birth Certificate
- Two copies of Residence Permit/Visa
- Letter of consent from parents/guardian (for minors)
- Three passport sized-photographs 45mm x 35mm.
- Recommenders Kenyan ID’s copy
- If applying for replacement Old passport for replacement
- Old passport for replacement plus copies of last three pages.
- For Lost case a Sworn affidavit and a police abstract are required
- For Lost cases and Mutilated cases an explanation letter is required to explain the circumstances of the loss or mutilation